Available in 3 languages: French, German and English!
This is a guided- walking food tour, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy quality Hungarian food and wine.
Hungarian cuisine is not just about Goulash!
Your tour includes:
– Several stops at the colorful Central Market Hall, where you will taste different cured ( variously prepared) meat, pickled vegetables, different kind of famous paprika and unique Hungarian honey.
– Afterwards we`ll walk to the 7th district, which is a fascinating neighborhood, with lots of old fashioned artisan workshops, cutting edge design shops, cool cafés and bars. There, we will have a shared lunch of typical Hungarian dishes in a retro-restaurant.
– After lunch it`s time for some sweets. We`ll visit an artisan chocolate-shop.Then we’ll pass by the Great Synagogue, the largest Synagogue in Central Europe.
-Finally, we will have the opportunity to taste some brilliant Hungarian wines.
Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, you can chat with her about Hungarian culture, gastronomic changes and trends or about restaurants and insider-tips in Budapest.
Good to know
When to go
– available from Tuesday to Saturday at 11am
– the tour lasts 3 and a half hour
Where to meet
– in front of the Central Market Hall
Address: Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093
– small groups
– minimum 2 pers.
– maximum 8 pers.
– 5-6 different stops
– pedestrian/ walking tour
What you get
– several food tastings
– wine tasting
– passionate guide who speaks English, German, French and Hungarian
– eating and drinking like a local
– a full belly
How much does it cost
– 69 €/ person, children under 12 years pay 50%